Days left to register
The Carp Anglers Group is the largest carp fishing club in North America. It is dedicated to promoting the exhilarating sport of carp fishing, both recreational and tournament. Traditionally, the CCC has been the big event for the club. It is a tournament with some great prizes (most notable the coveted Jewel Encrusted Belt Buckle presented to the Chicago Carp King) but the social aspects are a major draw for most. The tournament is held in conjunction with the club’s annual meeting and draws anglers from across the country as well as from other countries.
The tournament has made the circuit of Indianapolis, Washington, Joliet, Hamilton and Kings Mountain. This brought the tournament to new audiences and expanded the influence of CAG. But in 2011 we brought it back home to America’s urban carp paradise.
Chicago became a major metropolis because of the waterways and these same waterways make it a choice destination for carp anglers. The main channel of the Chicago River runs through the heart of the city and provides exceptional fishing in an extraordinary setting – high-rises behind you, curious passers-by from all over the world, tour boat passengers cheering when you hook a fish – it is urban angling at its best. This was the original home of the CCC and is a sentimental favorite of nearly everyone who has fished it. A little west of the Loop, it divides into the North and the South Branches. Both are popular with carp anglers and are venues for carp tournaments as well as recreational fishing.
The big water is, of course, Lake Michigan. This is Chicago’s crown jewel, a gin-clear inland sea with healthy population of hard-fighting carp. The 2011 CCC will be held on the lakefront at Montrose Harbor. This a beautiful venue, miles of well maintained parkland with the great city to the west and nothing but blue water to the east. It is a favorite venue for specimen anglers; carp in excess of twenty pounds are common and thirty plus is a real possibility.
September 28 will be here before we know it, bringing the 19th annual CCC!!!!! Yes, that’s correct, it’s been 19 years since the very first CCC was held.
CCC Early Bird Special
We want to remind you that you only have a couple days left to register and save on your registration fee.
The entry fee for CAG members only $40 if you register AND PAY before September 10 2012. From September 1st the fee for CAG members will be $50.
For NON-Members, the “Early Bird Special” is $65, then $75 after Sept 1st. This price includes a 12 months CAG Membership.
This is the 2012 Schedule: (It can also be downloaded HERE )
The 19th Annual
Chicago Carp Classic
Presented by the Carp Anglers Group
- Register and pay entry fee at www.chicagocarpclassic.com.
- Friday September 28, 2012
- Lake Michigan harbors and Lake Front and the Chicago River.
- All Day. Recreational Fishing.
- Wacker Bait & Tackle, 1422 W Roosevelt Rd, Broadview
- 5:00-9:00 p.m. Welcoming party, late registration, beer & BBQ . Ample street parking.
- Saturday September 29, 2012
- The Lake Front east of Montrose Harbor. Parking all along the venue.
- 6:30a.m. Last Minute Registration.
- 6:45a.m. Peg Draw.
- 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Chicago Carp Classic Tournament.
- Unity Lutheran, 1212 W. Balmoral Ave, Chicago, IL 60640. Parking at the bank around the corner (South) on Broadway.
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. Flea Market, Dinner and drinks.
- 7:00-9:00 p.m. CAG Annual Meeting, Awards Presentation & Raffle.
- 9:00p.m.-??a.m. After Party, location to be determined.
- Sunday September 30, 2012
- All Day. Recreational Fishing on the Chicago River & the Lake Front.
View Larger Map
Wacker Bait & Tackle 1422 W Roosevelt, Broadview
View Larger Map
Tournament Headquarters - We will peg the "Lake Side Bank" just like
View Larger Map
Annual Meeting, Dinner: Unity Lutheran Church, 1212 W. Balmoral Ave,
PARKING for the dinner will be at “North Community Bank”, 5342 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640. Just around the corner from the Church.
Paul Pezalla 708-ANY-FISH (708-269-3474)
Dan Ramir 773-339-2806
Visit http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/ to learn more about Carp Catch & release.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact email@example.com for website issues or to advertise on this site.